Ultra structure of Cell Wall
- Plant cell has three layered structures and Each of the layers is made up of fibrils.
- In this β glucose molecules are united to form a long chain. About 100 such chains are arranged around the central point to form a micelle.These types of 20 micelles form one microfibril which is the main constituent of the cell wall. And 250 microfibril are arrange as a bundle and form the cellulose fiber that form the cell wall.
- In the primary cell walls made up of submicroscopic strands of cellulose which are interwoven to create a dense network .
- These microfibrils In the secondary wall are arranged In parallel manner making successive lamellae instead of forming a network. In the successive layers of secondary wall ‘the direction of these microfibrils is changed.
- At few places the microfibrils of secondary cell material are not deposited thereby forming pits In these spaces lignin. cutin. hemicellulose and suberine are deposited.
B glucose molecules —Form a chain — micelle (20) — Microfibrils (250) — fibril —) cell wall