Biogenesis of Mitochondria
1. From pre existing mitochondria
Luck Claude and Tandler
A- By budding
- According to this theory – Double membranous bud are form from pre existing mitochondria
- which are develop and form new mitochondria
B- By septa formation
- In this method Mitochondria grow in length and form 2-3 septa in it
- All septa are break and form fragment
- These fragment developed in to new mitochondria
2- From E.R. or Plasma Membrane Morison
- According to this theory – Plasma membrane and E.R. formed many fold in it,
- These fold make a cylindrical structure.
- These cylindrical structure are curved and form new mitochondria
3- Prokaryotic origin
Altman & sagar
- According to this theory – Mitochondria are self biogenic unit
- Mitochondria and bacteria have many similarity so there origin is accepted form prokaryotic structure.
- Many years ago these prokaryotic cell enter in to the Eukaryotic cell and live as symbiosis. Which are today is known as mitochondria.