ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023 Detail : The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) conducts the ICMR JRF entrance exam every year to select candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF). The JRF is a prestigious fellowship that provides financial support to young researchers pursuing PhD in biomedical sciences.
ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023 Exam Date
The ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023 will be held on July 8, 2023. The exam will be conducted in two sections:
- Section A: Aptitude Test (50 questions, 50 marks)
- Section B: Subject Specific Test (75 questions, 75 marks)
The Aptitude Test will consist of questions on scientific phenomenon in everyday life, general knowledge in sciences, and common statistics. The Subject Specific Test will consist of questions on life sciences or social sciences, depending on the candidate’s choice.
The ICMR JRF entrance exam is a national-level exam and is open to all Indian nationals who have completed their Master’s degree in a relevant discipline. The application process for the ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023 is now open. The last date to apply is June 18, 2023.
The ICMR JRF is a great opportunity for young researchers to pursue their PhD in biomedical sciences. The fellowship provides financial support, as well as access to research facilities and mentors. If you are interested in pursuing a career in research, the ICMR JRF is a great option to consider.
ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023 important dates for the ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023:
- Notification release date: May 20, 2023
- Application start date: May 20, 2023
- Application end date: June 18, 2023
- Exam date: July 8, 2023
For more information, please visit the ICMR website: https://main.icmr.nic.in/
|Notification PDF||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023 Educational Qualification :
- M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent post-graduate (PG) degree(subject areas mentioned in below) with minimum 55% marks for General/EWS candidates and 50% for the OBC/SC/ST and PwBD candidates. As NMC rules, MBBS is not a PG degree.
- A candidate who is appearing/has appeared in the final year (IV/VI Semester whichever is applicable, and final year where Semester system is not there) of M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent post graduate examination during the session (2022-23) can also apply for the exam as RA (Result Awaited).
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given in annexure-I duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) where he/she is appearing in the final year examination.
- However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Exam provisionally and shall be considered eligible for JRF only after they submit the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination with requisite percentage.
- The M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent post graduate degree mark sheet must be submitted to ICMR, latest by 30th September, 2023 otherwise candidature selection will automatically be forfeited.
ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023- Apply Online Age Limit
The age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on the last date of application (upper age limit relaxable up to five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwBD and female candidates, three years in the case of OBC category.
ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023- Apply Online Syllabus :
• As prescribed by UGC.
• A sample question paper for ICMR JRF Examination is available on ICMR website.
ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023- Apply Online Life Sciences subjects
including paramedical subject areas like biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, biotechnology, genetics, human biology, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology, physiology and other subjects like nursing, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary medicine addressing biomedical health research. Agriculture extension/soil sciences, etc. will not be considered.
ICMR JRF entrance exam 2023- Apply Online Social Sciences only in subjects
like anthropology, health economics, home sciences, psychology, public health, sociology, social work and statistics.